Helping you take your business to the world.
New Zealand Chambers of Commerce has been providing authentication services for export documents from New Zealand exporters to all countries for over 50 years.
EXPORTS TO EGYPT - NEW PROCEDURE MANDATORY FOR SEAFREIGHT FROM 1 JULY 2021
- Each Consignment will be allocated an ACID number (19 digit unique reference number per consignment) New Zealand exporters will be required to provide importers with a Proforma Invoice to enable the ACID number to be allocated
- All export documents, including Bill of Lading, will require the ACID Number on them
- New Zealand exporters to upload their export documents into the Egypt Customs trade window NAFEZA via CARGO X. There is a cost for exporters per consignment
- Documents uploaded via CARGO X do not need to be legalised by the Egyptian Embassy
- Chambers of Commerce electronically issue Certificates of Origin, however associated export documents (Commercial Invoice etc) no longer required to be certified.
- Shipping Companies required to upload Bills of Lading with the ACID number
- A pilot has been conducted since April 2021 with refined procedures now released. Full details on the new procedures: https://www.nafeza.gov.eg/en
- New Zealand exporters required to register on CARGO X - look for details under ‘ACI system’ on NAFEZA website
Certificates of Origin
Documents certifying the place of growth, production or manufacture of goods exported from New Zealand, whether of New Zealand or foreign origin.
Manual Certification (wet-stamped service)
Deliver or email to your nearest certifying Chamber. Documents to be collected or mailed back.
Online Certification (electronic service)
Apply from the convenience of your desk to a Chamber offering electronic service. Documents emailed back to you.
New Zealand China Free Trade Agreement Certificates of Origin
The New Zealand-China Free Trade Agreement entered into force on 1 October 2008 providing New Zealand exporters with an opportunity to take advantage of preferential access and duty rates.
NZ China Free Trade Agreement Certificates of Origin are issued electronically by selected New Zealand Customs approved certification bodies. Information and application available at www.chamberdocs.co.nz.
ASEAN – Australia - New Zealand Free Trade Agreement Certificates of Origin
The Asean-Australia- New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (AANZFTA) entered into force in all parties on 10 January 2012 providing New Zealand exporters with an opportunity for preferential access and duties for exports to: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
AANZFTA Certificates of Origin are issued electronically by selected New Zealand Customs approved certification bodies. Information and application available at www.chamberdocs.co.nz.
Chambers providing Certificates of Origin and Certification of Export Documents
ATA Carnets “Passport for Goods”
This international customs document allows the temporary export and import of certain goods without payment of duties or taxes. It is useful when taking commercial samples, trade displays and professional equipment out of New Zealand for less than 12 months.
For full information and application CLICK HERE.
NB: The sole issuing agency on behalf of NZ Chambers of Commerce is Wellington Employer’s Chamber of Commerce.
• Please click here to download ‘CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN’ guide notes.
• Please click below to view the ‘How To’ video on “Registering for Electronic Certificates of Origin”.